secthead Resources

  • D400129 - Millersville University
    D400129 - Millersville University

    The campus of Millersville University is seen here in 1928 when it was still known as Millersville State Normal School. Biemesderfer Library, built in 1894 and pictured at right, is now Biemesderfer Executive Center. Old Main, the large building to the left, was razed in 1970.

  • D400128 - Lancaster Military Band
    D400128 - Lancaster Military Band

    The Lancaster Military Band paused its celebration for this photo before marching in the New Year's Day parade in Lancaster on January 1, 1928.

  • D400220 - Linden Hall
    D400220 - Linden Hall

    The girls of Linden Hall School in Lititz enjoy a snowy day in 1922. Linden Hall, founded in 1746, is the oldest girls' boarding and day school in the country.

  • D400401 - Grandview
    D400401 - Grandview

    This sweeping view of farmland once owned by the McGrann family was taken in 1933. It's now the location of the Grandview Heights neighborhood of Lancaster.

  • D400253 - Bishop Ladislaus Ravasz
    D400253 - Bishop Ladislaus Ravasz

    A small group gathered with Bishop Ladislaus Ravasz of the Hungarian Reformed Church when he received a law degree at Franklin and Marshall College, October 3, 1929.

  • D400438 - Keath Planing Mill
    D400438 - Keath Planing Mill

    Pictured here in 1926, the Keath Planing Mill on Front Street in Lititz has been producing fine woodwork since 1912. Today it operates as the Lititz Planing Mill.

 

The above photographs were part of the 2014 exhibition, Lancaster By the Yard: Panoramic Photographs from the Collections of LancasterHistory.org. This exhibit focused on the many amazing panoramic photographs that have been taken of the people and landscapes in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.


Facebook Slider
Facebook Slider
Facebook Slider